The Lindsay-Crane Center for Writing and Literature announces the 2017 Vachel Lindsay Poetry Contest. The Vachel Lindsay Prize is given to the best poem or the best group of up to three poems in any form on any subject.
1. Submit up to three poems as one .doc, .docx, or .rtf file.
2. Include only one poem per page, typed in Times New Roman font.
3. Fill out the Submittable cover sheet information with your name, email, and the titles of poems you are entering.
4. Your name should not appear on the poems. Instead, title your Submittable document with the titles of your poems (Title1_Title2_Title3).
6. Entries must be submitted electronically via Submittable at https://lindsaycranecenter.
submittable.com/submit no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, February 20, 2017. You will be required to set up a free Submittable account to submit your entries.
Contest open only to undergraduates currently enrolled in classes at Hiram College. Work must be original and unpublished (publication in a school magazine is permitted) at the time of entry.
No more than one story may be submitted per author. Entries must be double-spaced. No story should exceed 5,000 words. The title of the story should appear in the upper right-hand corner of each page (with page numbers). DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON ANY PAGE OF THE STORY! Please use Times New Roman with 11-point font.
Entries must be submitted electronically via Submittable at https://lindsaycranecenter.submittable.com/submit no later than 11:59 pm on Monday, January 30, 2017. You will be required to set up a free Submittable account to submit your entries. Files may be submitted as .doc, .docx, or .rtf files.